Revised Form I-765 with Option to Apply for SSN

For foreigner’s applying for temporary employment authorization in the United States, obtaining a social security number was previously a separate step, requiring a separate application to be filed with the Social Security Administration. As of October 2, 2017, the revised version of form I-765, Applicati0n for Employment Authorization now includes a section, allowing the applicants to request the issuance of a Social Security card at the same time they apply for an employment authorization document.

Recommended Posts
Contact Us

If you have a general comment, please leave us a message. For specific legal questions, you can request an appointment for an initial consultation either in person in our office, over the phone or via Skype.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search